Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's a GIRL!!

I am now 22 weeks along, and we found out July 30th that baby Ellard #2 is a girl!!
We had an ultrasound on July 29th at 11am and asked the technician to check on a card "boy" or "girl". This is the part that was really hard for me, but I did it! I asked the technician to put the results in a sealed envelope, then I delivered the results to my neighbor who iced the "revealing" cupcake. I had prepared cupcakes earlier and set two aside, one for pink icing and one for blue, and put a mardi gras baby in one of them. I told him to put pink on the one with a baby in it if the results said "girl", and blue icing on the one with a baby if the results said "boy". After that was the really hard part, I had to wait until 6:30pm the next night to reveal the results at our party with family and friends!

Just a quick sidenote; at this point I have had three dreams about having a baby girl and Jackson being the big brother, so I had a "feeling" it was going to be a girl. Also, everything about this pregnancy has been different; different cravings, no morning sicknes, etc.

Now back to the story. The next day I anxiously counted down the hours until 6:30 pm came. Family and friends slowly arrived at the house and we started with appetizers. Everyone cast their vote, boy or girl, wrote down name suggestions, and their predictions for baby's birthday. Finally the moment came for the reveal. Andrew took the one with blue icing, and I took the one with pink. We both cut into our cupcakes at the same time, and in mine was the mardi gras baby!!! Yay, we're having a baby girl! Just to make sure, Andrew opened the sealed envelope from the ultrasound tech, and sure enough, she had checked "Girl". We are so excited that Jackson will have a baby sister in December. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.


Me at 20 weeks. July 29, 2011


Team Blue!


Team Pink! The winning Team!


The "Revealing" cupcake with pink icing.




The Ultrasound picture showing our baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment