Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Catching Up!

It has been forever since I've blogged, so here's a little catch up news. Since the last time I posted, in December (gasp), Katelyn has grown like a weed and she is now three months old! She is just adorable and a joy to have in our family. Jackson just adores her, and so do we. She started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks and does pretty well, except for the occasional waking up for her pacifier around 4am! Katelyn has been smiling and cooing for a while now, and is just bubbly and happy. She also started laughing out loud a few weeks ago, so these are my favorite moments...hearing her laugh! It is just the sweetest thing ever. She has also found her hands and loves to have them in her mouth all the time.

Jackson is growing by leaps and bounds as well. He loves his sister and always asks where she is when she's in her room napping; he loves to give her kisses and get in her face! Yesterday afternoon I was holding her on his bed and they "danced" for a little while. He held her hands and danced around as I held her up...it was too cute! Wish I could have captured that on video. He is officially potty trained (as of December) with the exception of wearing diapers for nap and bedtime. He has also tried to tee-tee like a man standing in front of the potty on his stool! This is not always "mess-free", but hey, I'm impressed that he's trying and doing so well.

Andrew and I are crazy busy, but things just keep rocking along! We are blessed and should stop and be more thankful rather than being busy and stressed. Things are definitely harder with two children, but throw in a new unfinished house, and the task of renting the other house, in the mix and you've got a 24/7 work schedule! We're making it though and still try to make quality time for ourselves. Although we did both forget our six year anniversary on Feb. 25th, due to moving things, we plan to make up for it sometime in the next few weeks.

This past weekend we went to visit my mother-in-law, affectionately known as Ya-Ya, and Grandpa Mike. It was so nice to get away and not have to think about everything that still needs to be done at the house! Katelyn did really well on her first three hour trip, and Jackson was sure to let us know when we needed to make a pit stop for him. Katelyn was adorable in her green and white shamrock dress for her first St. Patricks's Day, and then on the 18th she officially turned three months old. Jackson got to ride his favorite green John Deere Gator, and Ya-Ya let him drive a little bit as well. I'm afraid he will never want to ride again!

Andrew and I actually got to sleep in a little bit over the weekend, and take a few naps here and there, while Ya-Ya and Grandpa Mike watched the kiddo's. Thanks Ya-Ya!

I will add pictures later. Happy Spring everyone!! So happy it's finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment