1. She has the most beautiful smile in the world!
2. She can roll over; mostly front to back, but halfway from back to front.
3. She likes to "talk" and has said a few recognizable syllables like "Ba", and "Ma".
4. She love her hands...they are nummy nummy!
5. She also found her feet about a month or so ago and likes to grab those too. :)
In addition to these things, she has been grabbing at things for a while now, and follows things, especially bright objects, and people around the room. She smiles when she hears me, Jackson, and Andrew talk to her. She can sit with support, and loves peek-a-boo as well. I realize that most Mom's start their babies on solid foods at four months, but we waited until five with Jackson and thought I would do the same with Katelyn. However, we tried some bananas and peas last night, and she did NOT like that at all. She gagged and made this face that said, "Ew...disgusting!". She pretty much spit the spoon out, but wanted to chew on it, without the babyfood, lol. It didn't occur to me until later yesterday evening that I should have tried rice cereal first.....DUH! It's been so long since Jackson was five months old that I've forgotten. So, I brushed up on the subject today and concluded that she may not be ready. I will try rice cereal this evening and see how that goes.
Anywhoo...we had a great weekend with lots of family time. Some in the pool, so that was refreshing. Katelyn got in the pool for the first time, but Jackson on the other hand, is suddently completely afraid to get in the pool with us holding him. He used to ask to "get down" in the big pool at the Wellness Center last year, but now that we have our own pool, he'd rather stay on the first two steps! Hopefully he will overcome that fear and warm back up to the idea of learning to swim soon. Until then, and even after then (maybe), my rule is that he must wear a life jacket around the pool. So, here are a few pics from this past weekend!
Saturday Fun!
Getting ready to go swimming for the first time!
Katelyn Five Months! 5-19-12
Jackson playing with a stick, lol!
Daddy got to take Katelyn in first...
Then Mommy got to play with her tool :)
Jackson was happy sitting at the top, or on the first step most of the time.
Mom and Katelyn!
Sunday before church...
I had to take these pictures because Katelyn is wearing the dress I wore when I was a baby. Aww!
I hope everyone has a blessed week!
















Awww...........great pictures!! :)
ReplyDelete