Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Friday, January 21, 2011

16 things about my 16 month old Jackson

Happy 16 month Birthday Jackson!


1. He is such a sweet little boy and has been a joy to have in our life! I love him with all of my heart. :)
2. To date, he visibly has only 5 teeth, but we can see many more getting ready to show themselves.
3. He is a healthy 23 lbs 6 oz. and is 33 inches tall
4. He loves "gucks"! Lol......everything is a guck (truck)
5. He can easily identify clocks, digital and traditional style
6. He loves fishes (goldfish crackers), peaches, and bananas and can tell me when he wants them!
7. He loves to jump and dance
8. He still loves being outside and protests profusely when we have to come inside, especially with it being as cold as it has been lately.
9. He can now tell Beau-roe to be quiet when I do....hilarious
10. I taught him how to "sign" when he's hungry and he has been doing a great job letting me know that as opposed to just whining. I am very thankful for that :)
11. He put together his first sentence last week (that we could understand anyway); "Mommy in Daddy guck". He said this one day when I took the Jeep to go shopping...too cute!
12. He has been "promoted" to the next class up at daycare, so he is no longer in the room with younger babies, and I have been able to work my schedule out to pick him up around 3:30pm everyday instead of 5pm. Thank you Lord!
13. He takes only 1 nap a day, usually 2.5 to 3 hours, and goes to bed around 7:30 to 8pm at night. He generally sleeps 12 hours.
14. He is really good at saying the words "No, no"; I think he almost expects that to come out of my mouth often...lol.
15. He is still afraid of the vacuum cleaner and cries almost everytime I get it out. Poor little guy; last week he was fine with it, but this week he cried again.
16. He can say "Pugh-wee" when he dirties his diaper, and says "Tee-tee" when he sees the toilet. I'm trying to get him used to the idea of using the potty one day. At least I can hope it will be a smooth transition!
17. I know this is #17, but I have to include it....he recently has started singing along when we sing "This is the Day" on the way to and from school, and church. He adds in "Dee Day" and it is to die for....so sweet!

I will have to post recent pictures soon. Have a great weekend all!

1 comment:

  1. Aww........our boys are growing up just way too fast!!! I love the 16 things for 16 months. :)

    ReplyDelete