Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Friday, February 25, 2011

All Because Two People Love Each Other…..

I would like to thank my wonderful husband for five exhilarating years of marriage on this 25th day of February, 2011. It was five years and five months ago, on September 25, 2005, that we met in a singles Sunday school class at Temple Baptist Church. We quickly caught each others eye and started dating shortly afterward. Seven short weeks later my true love, Andrew Scott Ellard, asked for my hand in marriage. Because the Lord had confirmed to me that Andrew was the man I would spend the rest of my life with, I joyfully accepted his marriage proposal.


That night we decided to go ahead and set our wedding date for February 25, 2006, only three months and a few days later. That doesn’t give a girl much time to plan the biggest day of her life, but we both agreed that we were ready to begin living our life together as soon as possible! Why waste time when you know, right?

The big day came and with it came the clouds! For whatever reason, I’ve always been told that rain on your wedding day is good luck, and rain it did. I like to think that the Lord was showering us with matrimonial blessings from above. Watching my bridesmaids walk down the aisle one by one, I couldn’t wait until it was my turn to walk arm in arm with my father and have him give me away to the love of my life. He seemed a little hesitant about the idea, but finally mustered the courage to give us his blessing at the end of the aisle, as he kissed me and put my hand in Andrew’s.     
                                               
We’ve enjoyed many fun times together, from playing cards or Mexican train dominoes at home, to going out on the town, to staying in and snuggling on the couch to watch a movie, to traveling across the country together. We made our first homemade pizza, danced in the rain, had candle-lit picnics in the living room, painted a house, laughed over coffee and dessert at our favorite local restaurant, celebrated one of our Valentine’s Days at a rodeo, bought our first vehicle at an auction, made pear butter and jam with the first crop of pears at our new house in 2008, refinished wood floors –twice, and many other things, together! The best part was being TOGETHER.

Four years after we met, we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, James Andrew Jackson Ellard, into the world. He was born September 21, 2009, and he has brought many new emotions into our life, but the most memorable emotion is love. He is now 17 months old and never ceases to amaze us! It has been such a joy to grow from husband and wife, to father and mother with a precious baby boy. Jackson has grown so quickly and learned so much in his 17 months with us, and has brought such laughter and joy into our lives. I like to think the Lord gives us children because they are truly a gift and because they remind us that we always have an inner child and it’s ok to let it come out…..often!

 

We are given the task of training up children in the way they should go, but I can honestly say that I have learned just as much in the past 17 months as Jackson. The transformation into a mother has truly been an amazing journey, and I couldn’t have done it without the Lord and my wonderful husband, Andrew.

 




Andrew, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, for five wonderful years of marriage. I would like to echo our proclamation to each other from a few years ago. Andrew Scott Ellard, I love you without fear, and without reservation. I want to (continue) make (ing) you happy, and I didn’t just realize that yesterday.

To my Love and my Friend, Happy 5-Year Anniversary! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment