In the same night, I had planned to boil eggs, which I did, but far too late to have time to dye them before Jackson's bed time. He was getting tired, we had just finished dinner at 8:30 that night, and by that time I knew it just wasn't going to happen. He wasn't too disappointed about that though because I hadn't hyped that up like I did the Jello eggs, so crisis averted! Lol...Andrew and I ate them for snacks later that week.
On Easter morning, Jackson was excited to see what the "Easter bunny" brought him. So he went in the living room to find his basket full of goodies; new "Cars" pjs, socks, Spiderman sunglasses, a basketball and hoop (small), bunny ears, a candy corn "carrot", and of course, chocolate bunnies and a cookie. Katelyn's basket had a First Bible story book, a Taggie toy, another soft ball toy, and a plush lamb and bunny. Mawmaw and Pawpaw Willison gave them each a beany baby bunny - Jackson's is green and Katelyn's is lavender. Nana and PawPaw Al gave them cute cards with $5 each to buy a goody or two. and Ya-Ya and Grandpa Mike sent them a cute singing card.
Then it was time to get ready for church. The service and message was awesome, as always. Then after church we packed up and went to my Granny Hickman's for lunch and to see other family we don't see on a regular basis. Everyone always brings a dish (or two or three!), so there is plenty of food to go around. Good, warm, comforting Southern food. You can't beat it! There was seafood gumbo, dressing (or stuffing), ham, turkey, chicken and dumplings, vegetables, salads, rolls, cakes, pies, and sweet tea. Yummo!
After lunch Jackson enjoyed hunting Easter eggs with some of his cousins. Katelyn got to meet everyone for the first time and did really well around everyone. She even got a nap in while some of her aunts were holding her. She and Jackson were adorable in there Easter best! We stayed and socialized until around 4:30 when we finally headed home for the afternoon. Jackson and Katelyn both fell asleep on the way back home. We relaxed the rest of the evening. It was a very good day.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade - kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the last time." - I Peter 1: 3-6 NIV
He is Risen!! He is Risen Indeed!!






























Great pictures!!!!!!!! :) I've got to figure out how to get a picture with this new blogger layout. Have a great day!!!
ReplyDelete