Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August Catch Up!

Whew, where did the month of August go? It doesn't seem like it was as busy as July, but I didn't get a chance to post a new blog since the first day of August, so I guess it was!

Let's see. August was a very interesting month; less exciting than July, but much more challenging. At work, I had some struggles to work through, but things seem to be turning up. And for that I am thankful. Andrew and I have been hard at it trying to finish up work on the house so that we can roll the construction loan into a regular mortgage. I can't wait until all that is over! Perhaps one day we will actually be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the fruits of our labor.

The children have been growing by leaps and bounds. Jackson is counting down the days until his football (3rd) birthday party on September 22nd, and when praying before bed asks to pray for his party often. I asked him a few weeks ago if he wanted Dad to be the coach for his party, and without missing a beat he said, "Uh huh, and you can be the host girl." LOL!! So cute! He never ceases to amaze me with how smart he is, and how he can remember so many things from a year ago! He just loves for us to play with him, but also plays very well by himself. One of his new favorite toys is his Leap Frog computer. He still loves to watch "Old McDonald's Farm" - a cheap DVD I found at a yard sale a few years ago, as well as his "tiger movie" - Ice Age. He has also become a Shirley Temple fan lately, even naming one of his stuffed animal dogs Shirley. He is quite the musician. He likes for us to march with him in the band and play our instraments, and also likes to play church in the dining room as he sings into the electric plug on Andrew's air compressor. I was finally able to get him on video doing this one afternoon this month! He is just a barrel of fun!

Katelyn turned eight (yes 8) months old on 8/18/12. She has gone from zero to rocking to crawling to pulling up on things in a matter of two weeks. She already doesn't like being told "No", especially when we have to take something away from her because it might be unsafe for her to chew on. She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth! She loves to splash in the bath tub, so much that we had to move her into the big tub for bath time. We used to put her little bath tub on the counter top to give her a bath, but she splashed so much that we had to move her, lol. She gets excited when she see's Beau-roe and Annabelle, our dogs. She can say "Ma ma", and "Da Da". She also says Ba-Ba, and sometimes it sounds like she's saying "Hey", and "Baby". She is just a joy, and has the sweetest little laugh int he world! She is a good sleeper for the most part, but has already reached the stage where she doesn't want to be rocked and just wants to be put to bed. I remember when Jackson reached that stage....it just makes me sad sometimes. Anyway, my kids are beautiful and fun, and I am proud to be their mother! Here are a few pictures from the past month.











1 comment:

  1. Love the update and of course, the pictures too! Sadie just turned 18 months old and Zachary is 3 1/2. I just can't believe it at all!!! So glad to hear that you're doing well. Hugs from TX!!!!!

    ReplyDelete