Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A New Year!

Good Afternoon!

It's been quite a while since I've updated the ole blog, so today I just wanted to post a quick update of our past month. So, we welcomed the New Year by celebrating my birthday (the day before my birthday - ha!) on January 1st, with my family in New Orleans. I had really been wanting to take the kids to the aquarium for some time now and since my older brother was leaving from New Orleans to fly back to Colorado, I thought that would be a great time to plan our trip to "the Big City" - that's what we told Jackson the morning we were getting ready to leave. So we packed up the family and headed south for the day. It was rather chilly and windy that day, so we bundled up. I never thought I would be pushing a baby stroller down Bourbon Street, but I found myself doing so as we made our way to Redfish Grill for lunch! At least it was in the morning before the infamous street got crazy! My wonderful parents and brothers met us for lunch and then they headed to the airport afterward. We had a delicious lunch and then took the kiddo's to the aquarium. Jackson loved it, at least for a good hour and a half, then both kiddo's seemed to be getting really tired. So, we left NO around 2:30 or 3 heading home. Both kids slept all the way back to Hattiesburg, giving Andrew and I a quiet ride home, for the first time in forever! Or for the first time ever, lol.

It was a long day for us, and I must say that by the time we left NO my feet were killing me, so I was ready to ride for a while. Anywho, the next day, my actual birthday (Jan. 1st) we spent the day at home relaxing, a little. Andrew and Jackson whipped up a yellow cake with chocolate icing for me and gave me the sweetest cards and gift certificates. I love those two! Of course, Katelyn helped to! She helped color a picture that was included in my card from them. Jackson actually picked out the card when he and Dad went to the store. It was a nice quiet birthday for me this year.

After that, the whole month seems to be a blur! Everyone has been sick. First Katelyn got the sniffles, cleared up, then Andrew got the crud. After that Katelyn got an ear infection, then bronchiolitis; the same week I got a severe sinus infection and felt terrible. Jackson managed to escape with only little sniffles and sneezes and nothing major, thank the Lord!

Now that we all seem to be doing a lot better, we are ready to continue our New Year in 2013! Andrew and I have become group leaders for our church small group, which meets weekly, so we are very excited about that. We are also excited about the way the Lord has been leading in our life. We are preparing to make some big decisions in the year to come, so please keep us in your prayers. Thanks and have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment