Mark 16:6 “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here."
Last weekend we celebrated the Resurrection Day of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I am so thankful, and overwhelmed, by the love He has for us. He died the death I should have died, and bore my sins yet He was sinless. You will not find a love this awesome anywhere else, but in Christ alone! Thank you Lord for your eternal gift of salvation through your Son.
I have not posted in some time now, and life in the Ellard household has been very busy! Full of ups and downs, challenges, and wonderful spirit-filled times as well. Our children are just growing by leaps and bounds. I can barely believe Jackson is so big now. He is a little man! He has been doing so well with his manners, among other things. Using "please" and "thank you" when he should, asking for things kindly (most times), being a good helper, being obedient (for the most part), doing well identifying the letters of the alphabet, starting to write letters, dressing himself, brushing teeth by himself, bathing himself. He is just becoming so independent!
The biggest breakthrough, at least for us, was that he finally got the courage to start riding his motorized tractor at Ya-Ya's, and then his motorcycle at our house. I will definitely have to post pictures of this when I get the chance. For the longest time, he was afraid of driving these little vehicles. Not sure why, maybe he got scared when they went too fast the first time he put his foot on the pedal. Either way, once it was explained to him that if you put your foot on the pedal gently, the tractor or motorcycle goes slow, but if you push it down fast, the tractor/motorcycle will go fast. He thought a little while (as he does a lot these days), and finally gave it another try! Success!! And we are so proud of him. Now all he wants to do is ride his motorcycle when we get home in the afternoons. ;)
Katelyn is becoming a beautiful little girl. She has her moments, melt-downs, etc. like any toddler, but she is the sweetest little cuddle bunny. She loves to hug and be held. Sometimes the being held thing gets challenging, like when I'm trying to cook dinner or clean, but for the most part I try to enjoy it because I realize that she will not want this forever. She is getting 6-8 teeth in right now, and poor little baby has had a double ear infection in the past two weeks. Thankfully, she is on the mend, we believe anyway, but still has a little stuffy/runny nose. I never realized how important good health was until me and Katelyn got sick with allergy crud and ear infections. Oh, and her hair is getting so long!
It is amazing to me how much she is picking up on things; eating with a fork, recognizing what we are saying to her (even though she can't "talk" back), trying to put her shoes on, etc. She is big on exploring everything! Also, I've noticed that anything she see's us doing, she wants to do. She wants to eat what we are eating, and in the way we are eating it (with utensils), try to put her shoes on, etc. A very curious little girl. She can say Ma-Ma, Da-Da, Baby, Puppy, Beau-roe, Bye-Bye, and the rest is mostly babble, but she knows what it means, lol.
Here are a few pictures from our Easter Sunday. I will post more, hopefully sooner rather than later. Have a great week!
Bead 30 – Four Stages of Beading
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment