Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happy Birthdays!

The Ellard Family has celebrated two big milestones this month; first our Katelyn turned 16 months old on the 18th, and a few days later, Andrew celebrated his birthday on the 23rd.

Katelyn Two Weeks Old

                                 Katelyn 15.5 Months Old...on Easter morning
Katelyn last week...16 Months - most pictures are not of her looking straight at me...or the camera. Very difficult to get good ones of her because she's a mover!

I haven't done this in a while, but I would like to write 16 Things about Katelyn. I used to try and do this each month, but have fallen way behind! Sorry!

16 Things to Know About Katelyn:

1. She is a wiggle worm.
2. She likes to be doing something at all times.
3. She loves banana's, bread, and peaches.
4. She likes to play with Jackson. He can make her laugh like crazy! So cute!
5. She only likes Double Luck brand green beans, and that is the only green food she will eat (for me at least)
6. She loves dogs; Beau-roe has been in her vocabulary for a while now!
7. Her hair is getting really long.
8. She can have both shoes and socks off, and any hair bows or pony tail bands out in under 10 minutes. This means we have to nearly re-dress her everywhere we go! Lol...
9. She has four teeth, two top front and two bottom front, and is getting in about four more.
10. She likes to try and put her shoes and socks on by herself.
11. She likes to help me in the kitchen; when I am cooking I give her bowls, spoons, etc. and she pretends that she's cooking too. ;) sweet!
12. She is a cuddle bunny! Loves to be held and loves to hug and cuddle.
13. She loves her bunny lovey, and we almost can't go anywhere without it! Nothing else will do when she's tired. So, unfortunately this makes it difficult to wash the bunny, because there is only one. It currently has chocolate cake dough on it from the other night because she rubbed it on her face before I could clean her face up! She is holding said bunny here...


14. This brings me to my next interesting fact, the baby girl loves chocolate! She is a true female!
15. She loves to be outside and likes to dig in the dirt.
16. She is truly our little monkey....loves to climb too!
17. Ok, so this is more than 16, but I have to say that she is adorable in pig tails and of course, is the most beautiful baby girl I know.
18. She can say Ma Ma, Da Da, Beau-Roe, Baby, Bunny, Bye Bye, Ba Ba, and a lot of other babble!

We love our little girl and can't believe she is already 16 months old! She is changing her looks and growing so fast. We are so proud of the little girl she is becoming. ;)

In other news, we celebrated Andrew's birthday Tuesday. Monday evening the whole family joined in to help mix and bake his cake. There are no surprises around our house; Jackson just volunteers information without us even asking, so when Andrew came in the kitchen and asked what we were doing, Jackson said, "We're making your birthday cake, Dad", lol. At that point, I may as well have enlisted his help. He got to enjoy licking the cake dough off the mixer spatulas (just went blank on what those are called, lol). Jackson, Katelyn, and I also got a little taste. Yummy!

Jackson wanted to put his monster truck on Andrew's cake, but we didn't do that. Instead, I "drew" trucks and balloons on his cake with icing. I'm sure I will be using Jackson's monster truck on his birthday cake this year...stay tuned! It was a yellow cake with chocolate icing, and a hint of strawberry icing in the middle. After Andrew's birthday dinner (of Mexican lasagna), Jackson and I took his cake, complete with one candle on top, and his birthday cards to him while singing "Happy Birthday". He blew out the candle and read his cards. We all enjoyed cake and ice cream after dinner. It was a very nice birthday evening. Happy Birthday Honey! We love you!

Until next time...have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment