Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Monday, July 2, 2012

Exhaustion

So today I decided I would post something that was "real" about me...and that is that at least 3 to 4 times per month my body goes into complete "crash" mode and I have to stop my life to catch up on my sleep. I'm not sure why this happens, other than the fact that I am sleep deprived most of the time, but I have often wondered if I needed to see the doctor about this. And, it could be that I am an exhausted mother of two children under the age of three!

As a mother of an almost three year-old, and a six month old daughter, I don't have an early bed time as often as I would like. Most nights its around 10:30 p.m.or 11:00 p.m., and my alarm goes off between 5:30 a.m. and 5:45 a.m. every morning. So, you do the math, that gives me around 6.5 to 7 hours of sleep most nights, with an occoasional 8-hour night. For most people, that would probably be adequate, but for some reason, not so much for me. Most days I feel like a zombie walking around not being able to concentrate on the task at hand due to my constant obsession with sleep depervation.

So, yesterday, was one of those days where my body just decided to crash on me. I woke up around 6:30 a.m. to my crying daughter who was ready to eat like 30 minutes ago! Gave her the breakfast bottle and got breakfast for my son, while Andrew slept a little later. We try to alternate on the weekends, with "sleeping in", if you want to call it that. Andrew takes care of the kids morning routine on Saturdays while I get to sleep in a little bit, and I do the same for him on Sunday mornings.

Well, half way through Katelyn finishing he bottle I realized that this Sunday morning I wasn't going to make it to church because my body simply couldn't muster the energy to get myself ready, and all it wanted to do was climb in bed and sleep, and that is all I could think about doing as well. So, I helped get the children ready for church while Andrew got ready, and they headed out around 9:20 a.m. At that point I went to bed and slept solid until they came back home at 12:25 p.m. and announced the time. I was still asleep when they walked in our bedroom....did I really sleep 3 solid hours?? Was it really 12:25 p.m. and half the day is gone? Yes my friends, I did sleep 3 solid hours and it was already 12:25 p.m. and I didn't have any lunch ready for the family. I felt somewhat guilty for that second detail, but what can you do when you know your body needs rest? Well, you REST.

I have to admit that as much guilt as I feel for putting things on hold and not accomplishing anything during that time of rest, it was needed in order for me to be a better, well rested, mother the remainder of the day, and life still went on! ;)

That was a little "Real" tid bit from my life....have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment