Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 10 - My Hearing

Today I chose hearing, as I think it is one of the five senses we (I) forget to be thankful for. As a mother, this sense is a must, with an energetic two-year old rolling out question after question. "Mommy, what's that?"..."Mommy, what's that?"...."Mommy, can I have apple juice please?"....."Mommy, come play with me"..."Mommy, go potty"....and on and on! You get the picture! And I love the fact that my little man asked me for help and is so curious about the world; just think, if I couldn't hear, I would miss out on all of these things. Not to mention the other things I enjoy, like hearing Jackson sing "Twinkle, Twinkle", the ABC song, Happy Birthday, etc. He is such a good little singer!

I also enjoy music very much, which would be impossible without my sense of hearing. I enjoy talking and listening to my husband (although that needs improvement from time to time, especially with a toddler interupting with a million questions!). I enjoy listening to our preacher read from the Word of God, hearing birds sing their beautiflu songs every day, the sound of rain falling on the rooftop, the sound of a babies first cry, the sound of our alarm clock waking us up for another day (thankful to be alive!), and so many other things.

Thank you Lord for my hearing and help me to be a better listener. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment