Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2 - My Wonderful Husband

I am so thankful for my husband, Andrew Scott Ellard. We met six years ago and have been married a little over five and a half years now. It is amazing looking back at "our story" and the way we met. I had finally gotten to the point with relationships that I was tired of "looking". I decided to focus all of my time on my relationship with the Lord, and had announced this to a close friend one Wednesday night in September 2005. The very next Sunday I visited Temple Baptist Church with another friend and we went to the dreaded Singles Sunday School class. As we were sitting chatting, a very handsome gentleman walked in the room, came to our table and asked if the chair next to me was taken. I told him it was not and he draped his coat over it, went to get a breakfast snack, and came back. I instantly had a funny feeling about him, and literally looked up at God and said, "You've got to be kidding me!". Anyway, I'll try to skip all the details, but we went to lunch with the class later and he got my phone number; we started dating shortly after that, broke up two weeks later, for half a day, then he proposed to me six short weeks after we met.


We married February 25, 2006, three months later, and now have a two-year-old, James Andrew "Jackson" Ellard, and are expecting our second baby, Katelyn Elizabeth, December 16, 2011.

We have had so many good times together, and of course have worked through some pretty challenging ones as well. Andrew balances me out perfectly because he is much more patient and easy-going than I! I can be too high strung at times and he reminds me that I need to lighten up and laugh a little! He can be very romantic at times, is very handy around the house, and shares a lot of the same dreams I do. He is also a wonderful man of God and father to our son, Jackson.

I am so thankful that God has given me such a wonderful husband to spend the rest of my life with, to make memories and a family, and on a daily basis to share my thoughts, feelings, struggles, joys, dreams, time, hugs, kisses, and snuggles together. Thank you Lord for bringing Andrew into my life six years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment