Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 17 - Friends

Today I am thankful for the close friends God has brought into my life. Over the years I have met so many kind, warm, humerous, and compassionate friends who have stuck with me through the ups and downs of life. Some have been there through certain seasons, and others have been there for several seasons, and I hope they continue to be there for many more!

Friends share stories, life experiences, advice, recipes, photographs, baby clothes (once you have children), Christmas cards, laughs, a good cry, good food and fellowship, memories, and the list goes on and on. No matter how near or far you are from each other, there is a special bond with a close friend, knowing they will always be there for you. And it's not that you just "share" those things; you are involved in those things. " A friend loves at all times, and is born, as is a brother, for adversity." Proverbs 17:17

"Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a friend's counsel that comes from the heart." Proverbs 27: 9

"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27: 17

"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24 (KJV) - This is the best advice I've ever received about building friendships; to have friends, you must be a friend!

 I want to include this link to a poem entitled, "Friendship" http://www.heavensinspirations.com/flfriendship.html

I would say the two most important friendships in my life right now are that of my Lord, and my husband. When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we are adopted into the family of God and no longer considered servants, but friends. There is no greater honor in life!

"No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."  John 15: 15(NKJV)

"You are My friends if you keep on doing the things which I command you to do."  John 15: 14

"No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends." John 15: 13

Concerning my friendship with my husband..... "His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem." Song of Solomon 5: 16. Friendship to your spouse brings great joy and love to marriage, for I cannot imagine marrying someone who was not first my friend. I love you Andrew Scott Ellard, my love and my friend!

I am thankful for the friendships God has blessed me with in this life, and know that those friendships will go on forever because they were created on the foundation of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment