Our Wedding Day -February 25, 2006

wedding planning

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 14 - The Word of God

Today I am thankful for the Word of God, the Holy Bible. It is our "love letter" from the Lord; I know that sounds so cliche', but it's so true. It's through the Word that we begin to know the Lord and who He is, what he loves, what he expects of his disciples, what he despises and detests, the ways he has provided for His children, His will, etc. We read about how Jesus Christ came and died on the cross to pay the sin debt that we could not pay, and die the death we should have died, and how to receive that ultimate gift of salvation from the Lord.

We read in Proverbs, the book of wisdom, how to be more wise and consider all of our ways, but not to lean on our ways. The first book, Genesis, tells us how the Lord created everything that was ever made, Exodus about the Isrealites exodus from Egypt. So much history in the Old Testament, and such hope in the prophesy and in the New Testament.

No matter what I'm going through or feeling, I can always go to the Word of the Lord and ask Him to reveal something to me during that moment, and He always lays a scripture on my heart that is comforting and inspiring; just what I need when I need it. It is such a blessing to have his Word as a guide in life, because I don't know where I would be without it. " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning." John 1: 1-2

Phillipians 4:6-7 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do everything through him who give me strength."

Ephesians 3: 20-21 says, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."

These are a few of my favorite verses and I hope they are inspiring to you! Lord, please help me to do a better job of hiding your Word in my heart.... What is the Lord telling you through His Word today?

No comments:

Post a Comment